"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

It’s about time for another update. I’m finished classes and exams; and as the previous post mentioned, am making plans for Christmas time. Below are some pictures of my happenings in the last while.


Thanksgiving just doesn’t come often enough so, as you may recall, I went to two Canadian thanksgiving parties; and I’ve now done the same for our lovely neighbours to the south. Here’s a picture of one of the groups. In case anyone’s interested, two of the people in this picture are pure bred Americans, one has dual Canadian/American citizenship, one is South African, and the rest are pure Canadians.



The Frontline (25 to 35 years old) group went on a harbour cruise. We had a great time with a few hundred people, mostly from the church and mostly non college students. There was a lot of noise, loud music, a dance floor, and generally a good time as we sailed around the Sydney harbour for 4 hours. Here’s a shot of some friends having a great time.



One of the married couples was taking a picture and somehow I ended up in it. According to their blog (http://ryamy.blogspot.com/) I was being thrown overboard at the time but that’s nothing more than wish-full thinking. They did manage to get some better photos and also had a chance at a dance later. And speaking of dancing…since I know my family’s ears are itching to hear about this…ahh, if your ears really are itching, the itch won’t be soothed by anything I can say.

Another great view of the Opera House – I figure if this is one of the most recognized buildings in the world and I see it on a regular basis, I’d better have a few pictures of it on my blog.






We had a great graduation dinner at a high end restaraunt. Here’s me with one of my circles of friends at the dinner.







Hillsong Men’s weekly meetings have wrapped up for the year so we had some special activities on the last day. One of them was a mechanical bucking bull. As you can see, there were safety precautions taken. No one got seriously hurt but the longest anyone stayed on the thing was about 40 seconds, second place was around the 20 second mark.



No pictures of this, but I just got home from the golf course. Ryan (see man in couple’s picture above) and I left at 7 this morning and enjoyed a somewhat cool morning that turned into a beautiful summer day. We were warned at the beginning that if we encountered the snake on the 13th or 14th hole, we should not approach it. We should not try to get it to move (I assume this includes if our balls had gone close to it), and we would be ok. We had a great time and look forward to doing it again. We're also working on a few other people we know will enjoy golf once they try it.

Well, that’s about it right now. I’m expecting a great week here yet before I come home to see you in Canada! I know you’re expecting me to have bit of colour to my skin when I come home so I’ll do what I can to make sure I don’t disappoint you. I think the beach is calling me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Larry,
Thankyou for the update today. I was thinking of you. Hope Zachery's mail reaches you soon. It took me awhile to send it. I'm in the office at work enjoying listening to 100.3FM as I type this up. The music is a praise item! "On The Wings Of An Eagle We Will Rise". You are in our thoughts and prayers. God Bless! Your sister,
Mary