"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

More Leisure Activities


After a short night and an early morning to bring classmates to the airport, I found a good place to relax. This is what a typical beach looks like midweek. I have not yet seen what it looks like on the weekend but I gained a new understanding of the beach culture in this country.




We heard there was a Walmart and an A&W close to here so some of us went on a hunt. We found the Walmart (Called “The Big W” in Australia) and a place that called itself A&W, using the same logo as the real restaurant and selling the same Root Beer (in a can) but having nothing else same - or even similar. I can’t help but wonder about trademark infringements on this but ???. The food was good after getting over the disappointment of it not being what we expected.


After some shopping and lunch, we went off to a wildlife park. We saw a ton of brightly coloured birds, some reptiles, penguins, Tasmanian devils, Wallabies, Kangaroos, Koala Bears, a 15 foot Crocodile, and a bunch of other animals.




Yes, I got a chance to pet a kangaroo. Sorry to disappoint some of you, they are not big enough to ride so I stopped at petting them. The picture is actually of me petting a Wallaby.








These bats have bodies about the size of a household cat. We saw one of these in the city the other day too.







Koala Bear – this is not a teddy. We got to pet one of these too.












It may be cute, but it’s still a bear; and we witnessed two males duelling out a short territorial battle just before I took this picture - yes, I took it myself; one hand on the bear and the other holding the camera.

1 comment:

Betty said...

That looks like one fun place to visit! I'm taking notes, Larry. Hopefully you'll want to go there again. Anyone ready to join me on an international flight yet?
Betty