"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Monday, September 25, 2006

Update

I guess it's been a while since I've put anything on here. It's been a good time though. I'm still looking for a car but have now bought a guitar. I was able to buy a new Canadian made guitar with slight damage (basically cosmetic) for 65% off the retail price. The salesman I dealt with plays for Hillsong United and tours around the world with them. He made an effort to lower the price for the guitar and accessories I bought because I’m a student at Hillsong. Most of the students here have been going to him to buy their instruments. I had a class the evening that I bought the guitar so I had to head home late afternoon. Well as it turned out, the bus came late and got back to my appartment 45 minutes late so instead of going home for a quick supper, I had to literally run to the shuttle bus that takes us from the Appartment to school and the only reason I managed to catch that bus was that it left a bit late too. So, since I had the guitar with me and was suffering withdrawal from not playing for a month, I took it out and played some old songs. It was only students and the driver on the bus so that was ok. Earlier in the afternoon I had some spare time while waiting for someone in the group I went shopping with so one of the other guys (who also really missed playing) and I took out our guitars and played on the side of the street.

I’ve been invited to about 7 different small groups and had to turn most of them down. I have met once with two of them and will likely continue with both.

I also had a chance to do some tourism on Saturday and really enjoyed that. It was so good to get away from the everyday life and see some of the things tourists come here for. The forecast was for a hot day but it was actually just a very comortable 30 degrees or so with sunshine and a slight breeze. I’m planning to put up another post with some pictures from the day.

No comments: