"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Monday, September 25, 2006

Day off

Here's a few pictures of my day out on Saturday. A small group of us spent the day in Sydney doing some sightseeing and basically just spending some time together away from church and school - a much needed break even though school and church are great.




Yes, I got to see this world-famous site. From pictures I've seen in the past, I thought it was a few stories tall. WRONG buy about 10 stories. This thing is masive. There's a few of us thinking of going to see a show (A symphany or something since my current music taste says I wouldn't go see an oprah unless I was paid to do it) here sometime and seeing the inside then since we didn't get inside today. For those who don't know; this is the Sydney Operah House. It is truly an incredible building.









One tall bridge - it's about 130 meters (over 400 feet) high and people regularly climb up the side. I'm not sure it's worth the $100 cost but would love to climb it.






I won!








A shot of what I saw underwater.








Some friends (mostly fellow Canadians) that I spent the day with.








A walkway at night in a park in downtown Sydney

6 comments:

Ryan Tompkins said...

those are some nice looking friends you have. i bet they're great people to hang out with.

Ryan Tompkins said...

those are some great looking friends you have. i bet they're a lot of fun to hang out with. i wish i could've been there...

Anonymous said...

Hey is that snake real???? gb

Anonymous said...

The snake is most likely real, right? But is it alive? Watch it - Wouldn't want you getting too comfortable with reptiles & becoming the next crocodile hunter :) BR

Anonymous said...

Larry- you went underwater after all my shark warnings? Well, at least snakes are mostly friendly. Wishing you all the best in your new adventure.....



Alyson

Anonymous said...

Hey, what is wrong with an Oprah??? You might surprise yourself and actually like it. :-)
I hope to go one day just for the experience.
gb