"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Friday, October 27, 2006

Christmas is coming

How weird it is to be walking down a sidewalk in shorts and a t-shirt and hear Christmas music coming out from a store. Isn’t it a bit early for that? The snow hasn’t come down yet, I don’t have to plug in my car, and I haven’t even seen frost on the ground in the morning when I get up. Yep, it’s definitely too early. But not so, said the store manager. And all the other stores agree. They haven’t all started playing the music, but they’ve been putting out the merchandise for a while now and for the retail world, Christmas is starting. A friend of mine works in a clothing store and was told she could buy clothing at 50% off for her husband any time and for her friends over Christmas and the other day I was in there and her boss said she could give me the discount (neither of us had asked, I had just been introduced as a friend).

No comments: