"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Twas the night before Christmas...

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not in my quiet house
They would have liked to, but couldn’t get up
With tummies filled on mighty fine grub

They came for a trial, came for a test
And I delivered them my very best
With apply pie and ice cream and all of the rest
I filled up their stomachs – intestines to oesophagus

(…ok, maybe that line is a bit quirky – but then again, what else have you come to expect from me??? J)

Was in the big store and shopping for food
I saw the red apples, and then I sure knew
I’d make a creation and make it look good
And if I was lucky, It’d taste good too

So off to the teller, or was it cashier?
Oh well, whatever, the time drawing near
I raced to my home and took out the stuff
And started my baking, at times looking rough

But on went the oven and in went the pie
In 45 minutes, appealing to eye
It looked oh so good, and tasted but great
I had to find company before was too late

So off to the next place, where thousands would be
I’d look for a friend, or maybe two or three
My search was successful, the place was my church
And after the service, well coffee of course

Invited them over, they almost declined
Then heard of creation, it sounded too fine
They came from anear, they came from afar
Alas, they came, in two separate cars


Well, this hardly seems like a great place to end the poem, but I need to rush off to the next place so I’ll call it the end J

Thought I’d leave you with a picture of the apple pie I made yesterday. Today, it’s off to the Blue Mountains to join a family for Christmas.

Wishing you all a merry Christmas and a great year to come.

3 comments:

Betty said...

Oh, so Karen wasn't that far off when she asked about them teaching you writing at Hillsong? First journalism and learning to write from another person's perspective, now poetry...

Karolyn Rempel said...

Merry Christmas Larry !!! I was at chruch on Sunday and was wondering if I was going to see you peek out of the choir suddenly, like you did last year. To bad, that you could not make it home for Southland's Christmas weekend. It was amazing. They went total southern gospel. Grace Hiebert, was leading the band and the choir was amazing as well.

So I guess that you are travelling for your Christmas break. It must be so exciting for you to be able to travel, the way that you have been able to the last two years. I would love to hear some of stories and see some pictures eventually. Have a Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year.!!!!

t-anne said...

Happy New Year Larry.