"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Quick update

I'm now home again; watching a classic movie for the first time (Lord of the Rings) with my leg elevated and my knee covered in ice. I'm feeling all the normal side effects of anesthetic and surgery. The doctor is very happy with how it went and has told me to use it as much as possible and to put as much weight on it as I'm comfortable with. He also said to get rid of the crutches as soon as possible - hopefully within 7-10 days. If I can get the VCR hooked up, I just may sit back and watch the video of the surgery to see just what they actually did while I was asleep. :)

5 comments:

John R said...

wow good to read that you are home or what ever you call that when you are there. To me this would be home. Take it easy alright

t-anne said...

Hi Larry, glad to hear the surgery went well and hopefully you're feeling better soon. Enjoy the movie LOL I'm surprised you're supposed to get rid of the crutches that fast.
Trudy

Betty said...

Lord of the Rings? You should read the books instead. Haven't you heard that the movie is never as good as the book? Besides, it would take up more of your time.

Glad to hear the surgery is over. Hope the effects wear off quickly.

Larry Reimer said...

I've concluded that I don't have a choice in the area of taking it easy... I can hardly make it across the room with crutches because the pain is so severe - even with pain killers.

Anonymous said...

Larry,
We thank God for an answer to prayer! and we know he can heal you quickly as well.

It's okay to relax though. Just take it easy and let the Dr. say how much you can do and how soon, okay?

It would be great to say "Welcome Home, Larry" but until then, it's great to at least have communication from Aussieland so soon after your surgery.
Dad & Mom