"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Monday, August 06, 2007

the "Kneeded" healing is coming...

I’m definitely taking steps in the right direction. I’ve taken some down, some up, (the stairs) and some across the room. None backward; all forward. I took a few steps in public yesterday and because of my inability to walk normally, I faced 5 minutes of ridicule in addition to the names I’ve been called in the last week – Gimpy, Tripod, Hoppy, and a few others. Ok, it was all friendly jabs from friends. Many people (mostly guys) have asked what I would do if they kicked my knee; to which my general reply is simply a swift upward swinging motion of a crutch from the floor towards a certain part of their body. 80% of communication is non-verbal. Well, this morning, I decided to go a little further. I made it down the stairs, to the kitchen, and back up the stairs to my room carrying the crutches at my side. I did go to the arena the other day. I probably would have fit in quite well using one skate, but I didn’t want to take a chance of falling, so I had some good laughs from the sidelines instead.

By my standards, it’s taking way too long to heal, but from the medical perspective, I’m ahead of schedule. Clearly the power of God working in my body!

No comments: