"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Friday, August 17, 2007

Breaking news...so breaking, it hasn't even happened yet!

I think things have progressed far enough for me to tell people about this… Over the last number of months, I’ve been working on something and have gone from thinking it would happen to thinking it wouldn’t, back to thinking it would, and thinking it wouldn’t. At one point, it looked like it had completely fallen through and then I found another option and started working on that one. Again I went through the cycle of it happening, then not happening a few times. At this point, it looks like barring major unforeseen changes, the cycle is done and it’s happening.

So, what is “it”? Some more travelling, some physical labour, a number of immunizations, meeting a bunch of new people, giving up some holiday time, and experiencing something that could change my life. I’m finalizing plans to spend a few weeks in Africa. I’m looking at going to Uganda to help with a building project for Watoto from January 3 to 17th. I’m planning to join a group from another church in Australia for this. If it does happen, I’m also hoping to go see a girl I’ve been sponsoring for the last number of years in Uganda… and I may be able to get a layover in Johannesburg to see some friends whom I met in college. It’s all a little scary but very exciting. I expect to have more solid plans in place sometime in September. Will keep you all posted.

6 comments:

Betty said...

I'm sure we'll all miss having you around over the Christmas break, but good for you Larry! It sounds like quite an opportunity.

t-anne said...

Africa's not my first choice of places to be, but I'm glad this is working out for you. It should be really exciting being able to meet a person you've been sponsoring, and speaking from experience, the mission trip should be a wonderful experience for you. Pray all your plans progress well. Trudy

Robin said...

How exciting! We are sending a couple of men from our church to Ethiopia in March. Missions trips often do more for the one going to serve than the one being served. God will use you and work through you and make you more like HIM!

Robin
(Karen's friend)

John R said...

Wow! Good for you Larry. We also hope every thing will work out for you.

Anonymous said...

Yes... mission’s trips often do more for the person going to serve. Don't be surprised if Africa get's into your blood. May not be the case for everyone but most people i know who have been to Africa leave part of there heart there. Not sure what it is but it happens. I am very excited for you Larry. Sounds like an amazing opportunity.
GB

Karen said...

Wow! How exciting! (just won't focus on the "scary" part). As we're still contemplating adoption (from Ethiopia), my heart is feeling a little tug in that direction so that i'd almost like to join you.

I'm sure if it comes to happen, it'll be another life-changing experience!