"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Monday, July 09, 2007

Out with the old...In with the new...

I brought Ryan and Amy to the airport today. Another housemate, Stephen, came along too. We stopped along the way for one last meal together and then went on the airport. It must have looked like quite something for Stephen and me to get into the car after saying farewell; two grown men in tears… Oh well, real men do cry! There are a lot of people leaving in the next couple of weeks and hundreds of new students are starting a new life of their own. It’s hard to say goodbye to close friends but it has to be done, and we have a couple of great guys moving into our house in the next couple of weeks. We look back fondly on the memories we have, but we cannot dwell on the loss we are experiencing. Boy, after my last couple of years of letting go of people closest to me – some till the day I die, and others for unknown durations – you’d think I’d know how to do it well; but it seems to be quite the opposite. I guess it confirms for me that I am able to develop close relationships – a good sign of healing from grief after being widowed.

So I now have over a week off and I have not found any good plans for a vacation, so I guess I’ll be staying home and trying to make good use of my time off. Anyone who knows me knows that I get really bored and restless after more than a couple of days with nothing to do, so I’ll have to find something.

No comments: