"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

It's cold!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought some of you might like to know...


I got to my car on Sunday morning and the windows were all covered in frost! It seems nobody had sympathy on my when I said I could see my breath one morning (I actually received at least one email calling me names for my claims of feeling cold); but this is extreme!!!!!! To have frost on your car windows is just not the way things are meant to be. I'm in Australia after all; and we all know Australia never gets cold. Not only that; it's July and all good Canadians know July is not prime frost time. In fact, July is the only month of the year that I have never seen snow on the ground (mountains excluded). Will somebody please feel sorry for me? Please!!!!!???

ok, fine. Just thought I'd put a smile on the faces of some people reading this. Hope you are all doing great! I'm getting ready to start classes again. We've got just over 200 new students starting this week and I'm helping with enrolment tomorrow. Should be good.

NEWS FLASH!!!!

As I was writing this, a segment came on the radio saying that this is the coldest morning Sydney has seen in 20 year - and the forecast for tomorrow is colder than today. We are a full 4 degrees below average for this time of year!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

would you like me to send your parka or keep it here for when you come home at Christmas? Cornie

t-anne said...

we could use a bit of that cold. Sure am thankful for the air condtioner that keeps our kitchen-dining room at a mild 25 or so degrees.

Anonymous said...

Our forcast for today is 27 and tomorrow is 28!! Sounds like you should have come back to Man. for your summer holidays!!

Anonymous said...

Larry it looks like you are out of luck if you want someone to feel sorry for you. You could try another way though. You may have more luck. If I remember correctly though, you thought it was too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. Here is the trick, Go to Australia for the winter and come home for summer. Or for the price of a return ticket you could buy approximately 40 winter parkas and just stay home.

Betty said...

Sure, I could maybe feel sorry for you Larry. I do recall that I had goosebumps when I visited in May and that was just fall season! But I'm too busy spending my week at home soaking in the sun and heat to have time for sympathy. After all, our summer is too short to waste a minute of it feeling down about the weather ;)

Kim said...

well said Betty!! :)

John R said...

I'm tired of working outdoors at 35 deg. would love 15 deg. or so

Ryan Tompkins said...

this week has been 32-34 everyday. they're the first nice days we've seen since we arrived in canada. amy and i have found the 25 degree weather a bit chilly. i guess we came home expecting summer and we got fall weather until this week.

miss ya larry.

ryan