"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried so hard to get some sympathy with my last post, but to no avail, so I decided to try again. The weather has been improving and the other day we actually broke the 20 degree mark for a daytime high. One person I know commented on that day that it’s good to finally be in double digits. Huh???

So I was out enjoying some of our improved weather and meeting some more people in a friendly game of soccer. I jumped for a header and when I landed, the ground was not the same as I expected. My foot slipped, and I collapsed to the ground. I looked at my knee and found something was not right. From my angle, I saw the top of my leg looking normal, a sharp shift at the knee, and then a continued straight line to my foot. From the back, the other guys saw what looked like a large lump on the back of my leg. My knee was out of joint by about 1 ½ inches. As I screamed in pain, the guys gathered around and prayed, then one of them slowly straightened my leg and it popped back into place. I could feel it move, and all of us could see it. So it’s back in place now, but there is some soft tissue damage around the knee so I can’t walk yet and it’s all sore and swollen. A friend has some crutches that he’s lending to me, but It’s a challenge to get around. I also can’t drive my car so I need to find another way of getting places like church and school. On the other hand, I can pray for complete healing and let God fix the rest of the damage. As of right now, I’m sitting on the couch keeping my leg somewhat elevated. One of the weird things about this is that usually I’m the one helping people, and now I’m receiving help. It's only been a few hours and I hate it already! I even have to limit my social schedule because of this!!! ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel so sory for you Larry, I can't imagine how you feel. It must just hurt so bad. I hope you soon feel better. Just the thought of having to reduce my social schedual from doing something with friends every day to maybe half of that,I agree with you "Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
We need to find a way to get you back into a "normal" social schedual again. Do you have any ideas as to how you will do that? I sure hope it works out for you. But hey look at the bright side, Females are usualy better at showing simpothy. Maybe you will meet some great candidates like this. But then you may have to "ALTER" you social life again. Not sure if that is what you want either. Best of luck and lots of simpothy, your brother in Manitoba

Betty said...

Oh Larry! Okay, you've got my sympathy. But did you really have to put yourself through so much pain just to have us tell you we feel sorry for you? ;)
You can still have a social life though - just start inviting people into your home more often instead of going out. That's not so bad, is it? I feel better knowing you've got such great friends.

John R said...

Ouch. I feel sorry for you. Just take it easy out there OK

t-anne said...

Okay Larry, this one worked for you. Yes, we all feel sorry for you, and hope your leg heals quickly. It looks and sounds very painful. I know if must be very hard for you not to be able to get around as freely. butOf course, it's a good thing for you that it's soooo cold out there, since it may help keep the swelling down a bit. Judging by the picture, any help in that department is good. But as for feeling sorry for you in the social department - well, all I can say is, "try having an active 3 year old with DS and maintaining any kind of social life whatsoever." No pity from me there. But we love you anyway. Take care.

Larry Reimer said...

In case anyone's wondering, the picture referred to in a previous message is one that I sent to my immediate family only. It shows the extent of the swelling around my knee and I thought I should probably not post it here because some people may not like to see it.

Anonymous said...

I would think with all the free time you have you would be posting a lot more! Even if it is mundane stuff. I guess your social life is not too lacking after all? Just remember that we could have a steak dinner at our new house and invite some one over for you!

Anonymous said...

PS I would like to see a picture of that leg of yours! Mason just got his cast off after 6 weeks of having one because he broke his arm. He is happy to go swimming!

Larry Reimer said...

will email a picture.