"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Monday, April 30, 2007

Prayer request


If this hits too close to home for some of you, I'm sorry; but I need to get this out there.

For those of you who don’t recognize this picture; it was the last good picture taken of my wife and me. On October 4, 1997, I was incredibly blessed to call Jean my bride. May 7, 2005, our life together was ended when cancer won its battle against her. Anniversaries are always more challenging times and I’m noticing it again this year. It seems strange how I can be living life the same as I did the week or month before, but somehow my body decides to not have as much energy, my mind doesn’t focus as well, motivation for anything goes down, sleep comes harder; and it takes a few days for me to realize why. I noticed it again this time and as I looked back, I found that the symptoms started on the exact day of the year that Jean’s final downturn started. It intensified on the date she went to the hospital for the last time. Realistically, I need to be prepared to face more of this on the date of her death and the days leading up to it. So, I’m putting this out there for anyone who cares and anyone who believes in the power of prayer – I could use a little more of that for the next week. Overall, I’m doing very well, but certain times of the year are major trigger points that I still have to deal with. Please pray for me in this. Thank you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will surely remember you in my prayers. You are a good friend, and I will beg God to continue to heal your heart and to allow you to grieve but still be able to function. I miss her too and remember this time of year as well.

"On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers." 2 Corinthians 1:10-11

Karen said...

Praying (and crying) through this with you. Thank you for sharing your honest thoughts!

karen

Anonymous said...

God will make a way,
Where there seems to be no way.
He works in ways we can not see,
God will make a way for me,
He will be my guide,
Hold me closely to His side.
With love and strength for each new day, God will make a way.

Krystle said...

Prayers from Canada Amigo!

Krystle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Been praying for you.
gb

Anonymous said...

Larry, you are in my prayers. I pray that God will heal your heart, that you will feel peace in your heart, that you will discover an incredible amount of stength that you did not know you even had. I pray that will discover the joy and love that God wants you to have right now. Try to keep on smiling and laughing (you know you wanna ..). We miss that contagious laugh and smile in the Southland choir back home.