"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Monday, November 06, 2006

Starting a Connect Group

I met up with the pastor in charge of the people aged 25-35 a couple weeks back and after two minutes of talking, he told me I should start leading a connect group. I wasn’t sure how serious he was until later that evening when I was at my connect meeting and my leader talked with me about it. The pastor had told her to make sure she talked with me and encourage me to do it. Well, one thing led to another and I’ve now been to a meeting for new connect leaders and am working through the process of becoming one. I’m planning to start it after I get back from Christmas. The people in leadership I’ve been in contact with are quite excited about me starting one and as I was talking about it with some other students the other day they said they would like to join mine. I hadn’t really thought about leading a connect group already but when it was suggested to my I realized I had no reason not to and tons of reasons to do it; so here we go… I’m here for two years training for leadership. I may as well put it into practice right from the start.

No comments: