"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Excerpts from my journal Aug 30/31

I was walking outside at the school waiting for registration to start and I saw a full and bright rainbow. I stood there for a bit and remembered the story of the flood and Noah and God’s promise with the rainbow; that it was to be a reminder that He would never again destroy the earth with a flood. Then He spoke to my heart and said “Never again will it pour like this.” In a similar way to how Noah experienced rain like no one around him had, so I have experience rain like few in the Western world have at my age. Just like the rain destroyed his world, so the rain has destroyed mine. But just as everything came back brighter and better for Noah, so it is in my life. Ten minutes later the rainbow is gone, but its message is for a lifetime.

We've started school but not the regular schedule yet. Today we had a big group session that included some teaching time and some praise and worship. It was amazing. Hearing a thousand people excited about praising God... I'm looking forward to a lot more of that since each weekend service has up to 3,500 people doing the same. It's an amazing privilege to be here enjoying God's presence in this way and I look forward to much learning and growth. In case anyone was wondering, I will not be the same when I come home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Larry,
you will definatly not be the same when you come back! Isn't the Lord good in how He continually works in and through us to make us to be more like him? I wish you all the best as you continue learning. God Bless!
gb

Anonymous said...

To hear thousand peopld excited and praising God would be an amazing experience. Soak it all in. It is always neat how God continually changes us to be more like Him Larry.
God Bless as you continue to seek His face.

Anonymous said...

Hi Larry,

You don't konw me, but I'm an online friend of Karen's. Your lesson from the rainbow was just what I needed to read today - thanks for sharing! The negative effects of the rain in my life aren't gone, but I have confidence that one day they will be to HIS glory.

Robin
USA

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, i think i finally figured out how to leave a comment :-). Anyway, thank you Larry for sharing updates. I'm really enjoying reading them all, and always looking forward to hearing more.

Continuing to pray for you!
karen