"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

End of Holiday

Knowing many people are waiting for more pictures and stories about the last while; here's the end of my sister's time here.





We spent a day with one of my friends who grew up in the Blue Mountains. Here's one of the many great sites we saw.








One of the people slipped on the rock and got a little wet. Once we were all sure she wasn't hurt, we started laughing and taking pictures.







We took walk through the bush. Found some mud, lots of water, a few stairs, lots of hills, and the most beautiful scenery I've found yet in Australia. Here's a sample of the steepest steps we took. Certain people thought it was too demanding, but others say it's well worth it. I won't tell you who was in which group; but if any of you want to come visit me, I'll gladly take you to see the sights.




Look closely. There's something of significance being pointed at in this picture.







As the holiday began, so it must come to an end. Betty was introduced to the beach at the beginning of her time here; and she said farewell the same way.






So now the holiday is done and Betty is on her way home. Tomorrow I'm back to classes again and the regular routine is about to begin.

1 comment:

Betty said...

"We took walk through the bush. Found some mud, lots of water, a few stairs, lots of hills, and the most beautiful scenery I've found yet in Australia..."

Uh, Larry, you got that a little wrong. It should say, "We took a walk down some cliffs. Found some mud, lots of water, more than a thousand stairs..." (I've got pictures to prove that this is a more accurate description!)

So now I just gave myself away and you know who thought the walk was challenging. But hey, I think I did really well considering the complete absence of hills where I come from. And the fact that I have experiences almost no stiffness as a result of the four-hour mountain climbing - not even 3 days later, after sitting on airplanes all day.

But we did see some incredible sights. It was beautiful! So if you choose to take Larry up on his offer, maybe just turn right instead of left where the path splits. Might be easier taking that NEVER-ENDING flight of stairs down and climbing back up in stages rather than the way we did it.