"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Preacher Boy

I had an interesting conversation the other day during which I was told I’d be preaching before I went home – yes, told; not asked. I’ve served in church closely under the leadership of Chris Mendez, one of the pastors at Hillsong, and he said he’d be getting me to preach at an extension service (a service held at a location other than one of the bigger, main locations). I just got confirmation this week that the chosen date is this coming Sunday, November 30. I had already started preparing the message when Chris confirmed the date and mentioned something he’d like me to include. I was encouraged by the fact that I already had it in my message. It’s a great privilege and a great responsibility. I pray God uses me in a powerful way to change people’s lives.

5 comments:

Cornie & Rita said...

So practice on me! What are you preaching on. Don't say a stage!!! I mean; What is the topic you are going to preach on? What are some of the things you would like to say?
Cornie

Anonymous said...

We will be covering you in prayer this week and especially on Sunday. It is a wonderful opportunity. God Bless.

Larry Reimer said...

The title will be something like "Living in Sunshine on a Cloudy Day." The general theme of the message is doing life well - especially when situations aren't as good as you want them to be. I'll be sharing a bit of my life story and using Philippians 4:6-9 as the main verses.

Betty said...

With a topic like that I suppose you'll be making some kind of reference to the difference between Canadian & Australian weather?

Or maybe not. But it could work, you know. Sunny Australia, not-so-sunny (and definitely colder) Canada...

Larry Reimer said...

Ha! Good call Betty!

The topic may make a cameo :)