"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Friday, September 26, 2008

Things from home I've missed in Australia -

In no particular order, and I'm sure the list is incomplete - feel free to give me suggestions...


Family and Friends

Vern's Pizza - Double Double, T Rex, Vern's Special, Flame Thrower, even the Big Cheese. Then there's the lasagna, cheese toast, garlic toast, and pretty much anything else on the menu

Hockey - the real variety, played on ice (none of this crazy immitation stuff they play on a soccer field around here)

Ketchup Chips

Farmer Sausage

Coffee Crisp

Bothwell Cheese

La Cocina Tortilla Chips

Driving on the right side of the road (although this will now take some adjustment after two years of driving on the wrong side)

Canadian Tire

30-40% lower prices for almost everything

Walmart

Stores open later than 5pm

Canadian Beef

Many of the other home made foods that I can't make out here because the raw ingredients can't be found

Open space and a quiet community
Freedom to walk outdoors without caution for poisonous snakes and spiders
Fishing in quiet lakes
Northern Lights
Camping
Lots of stars visible in the night sky
CFL




Now lest anyone think I'm sick of Australia and just longing for the day I leave, let me assure you that's not the case. It's true that I look forward to being home again and there are things I've missed from back there, but I also love my life over here and there are many things I will miss about Australia too. I'll save them for another post. Both places are great and I love them both. Either way, I win!

So, if anyone in Canada wants to help me fill my two year old cravings for things of home, please let me know and I'll be sure to give you the opportunity upon my arrival at home in February 2009.

6 comments:

Cornie & Rita said...

How about playing games like Settlers of Catan. and also nieces and nephews jumping on you. Lots of chocolate. Command start for heat. The Low german language ... I'll work on my list too! Rita

Janzen said...

How about tobagganing,and eating cake with blue icing and then posing for pictures with a few nephews?

t-anne said...

I'll be waiting for you and the first thing you eat at our house is a 15" t-rex, with my help.
Joe

patti said...

Will Tim Tams be on your 'Things I'll miss from Australia' list? :)

Betty said...

Since we can now get Tim Tam's in Canada, I doubt that'll be on your list. But I bet Mud Cake will be:)

John R said...

well when you show up here stop in at my home (Verns Pizza)I can take care of a good part of the list, then when you come to were I sleep we can play some games or even watch some hocky on the big screen and enjoy even more food made at location listed above.