"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Monday, February 18, 2008

Don't know what to say

I’ve been thinking about this blog and the fact that I haven’t posted anything recently and I feel bad because I know there are people who check it faithfully; holding onto every thread of what I say and longing desperately for the day they can see me again (ok, maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration). Then I remind myself that there are others who check it once a month or less so for those people it can be overload to have a new post every couple of days.

Is there something happening that is significant enough to put up here? But then again, why should I need something really significant? Why can’t I just tell people how life is going, what the weather is like, what I ate for lunch, and how long I slept last night? After all, if that’s what life is, shouldn’t that be enough?

So I came to a conclusion that I would write something here but still wasn’t sure what – actually, I’m still not sure. I’m just rambling with the hope that something will come to mind before I’m done; sort of like an impromptu speech.

Now, there is something in my life that is significant enough to post here but I’ve been waiting a bit with posting it because there are people I wanted to tell personally rather than have them find out through the internet or their friends who found out through the internet. Now that all those people know (and a lot of others) it may be time to tell the world – or maybe not. I also enjoy keeping people in suspense sometimes… So maybe I’ll just go with this for now… someone has posted comments to my blog in the past and although it’s been a while since I’ve seen comments here from that person, I’m sure that person is still reading the blog once in a while. Maybe I can ask for another comment telling people who you are…Would “GB” like to identify yourself….???

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey "gb" here... yes it has been a while since i've posted on your blog. So this thing that is significant enough to post and i understand that you've been waiting a bit. Ah... what wisdom!
However you also like to keep people in suspense sometimes and this could be fun. Obviously this "gb" is part of this significant something in your life. :)
OK... here i go... i am female and living in Quebec. Been to Africa, Mexico, USA, and various parts of Canada. Is this helping?????
gb

Anonymous said...

We finally got connected to the net so that we could read your blog(OK, so that's not the only reason!) and we have been enjoying your reports and ramblings, till now! What's with the "Captain Vague" mask? It's like -183 degrees here and you're denying your cell members hot gossip? Hmmph! Wait till I tell Marlene!
Ok, now that I've got that off my chest, we have seriously enjoyed following your experiences and look forward to sitting down over a good cup of dark roast coffee.
Jim

Larry Reimer said...

Well Jim, I had to read your message a few times before I clued into who it was. I have an uncle Jim and the writing was nothing like his style so I had to think of other Jim's that I know. Welcome to the internet! It's great to hear from you and I'm sure Marlene will be overjoyed to hear about this post. Maybe you can string her a line for me since I can't be there to do the same job I did a couple years back... boy was that fun! I've been missing all of you back home and look forward to being there again - if I can only decide just when that will happen...

oh yea, If I had known you were reading my blog, I would have posted everything twice - just so you could have the re-runs :) Looking forward to that dark roast coffee (or at least the conversation around it)

Cornie & Rita said...

Hey there "gb" and "Captain Vague" (that name suits you well),
If you want more response out of this blog, you'll have to do some telling! I am getting response to this latest post. I don't mind sharing what I know (hehe), but I think you might want to hear what others are saying. Rita

Cherry Blossom said...

I did get the low down from Rita!!!! I knew it wouldn't take much to get it out of her. In fact all I had to do was ask her and she willingly told me. I am happy for you! You have fun!

Anonymous said...

Ok... yeah caption vague here. you are right that was really vague. So i have a lot of learning to do. :) I'm sure if i'll spend more time with LR i'll get better at this. So vague will have to do for now... hehehe
So g stands for great just switch the last two letters and there you have the first name. :) b - stands for Shepard in French, just change the last letter to an n and that is my last name. How's that? still vague?! ok maybe.
Just to help out a bit you'll have to look up Shepard in a French/English dictionary to find out how shepard is spelt in French. Should be really easy. :)

Betty said...

GB, I don't have a French/English dictionary, but could you tell me what "Shepard" is in low German since you know that language too?
You know, you're pretty gifted in the language department - I understand you can communicate in four languages already, and now you're working on another "language" ;) Wow! Good for you!