"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Mom, I'm bored...what can I do for fun???

I'm sure that subject line will put a smile on my mother's face - could someone please show it to her??? Thanks.

Now I'm not really bored - yet. I finished my last exam yesterday, came home, and felt lost. What do I do now? I've got no assignments to do and no exams to study for. Well, I just wasted the afternoon away then went out for the evening. We've got stuff happening at school for the next two weeks yet but when I come home from school, there's no homework to do. Yay!!! Now it's time to catch up on housework, phone calls, finances, etc. It's also time to start thinking about what I'll be doing the next number of months as far as church involvement and other volunteer activities. I've got a number of options and need to decide what to do with them.

4 comments:

Betty said...

Made me chuckle too :)
You're busy lifestyle must have somehow rubbed off on Mom & Dad - they're hardly ever home! But when they get home, I'll be sure to show them your post.

Now about your boredom problem, you could try out these boredom busters:
1) Flick between several TV channels to create a silly conversation.
2) Make a sculpture out of computer cables, CD's, etc. Then proudly display it on your coffee table
2) Play domino toppling with any objects available.
3) Hold a paper ball fight. (Since you don't have any snow out there)
4) Watch TV, listen to the radio and read a book simultaneously to find out just how good you really are at multi-tasking.

And finally,
5) Play tunes on the phone buttons. And when you get bored with that, call home.

Hope that helps :)

Anonymous said...

Mom & Dad say:
You're looking for things to do? You don't have to spend all that time trying to think of what else you can do in Australia. You can come for a while.

Thanks for that line to get me to smile. It sounds more like my Larry used to be - not that I want you to be bored.

Anonymous said...

you could come home and watch the Bombers win the grey cup against Saskatchewan

John R said...

you could have come home and watched the riders beet the bombers. You could probably still come home and buy lots of bomber souveniers that were printed for something that never happened.