"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Here I go again...

I wish this wasn’t the case, but it is. I wish I was past it already, but I’m not. I wish I hadn’t been put in the position in the first place, but I was. I wish I could deal with it alone, but I can’t. I’m being forced to think through my past due to some classes and assignments. In my counselling class, we’re talking about grief for a few weeks. Yea! After that we’re moving on to depression – easily done after enough grief! And I basically feel like the in-house expert on the topic. This all brings me to a point of concern in my life. A few years ago, I had Jean convinced that it would be a good idea to go on an Alaskan cruise. We didn’t tell a lot of people but we had thought it would be a good way to celebrate our tenth anniversary. Rather than being on that cruise with her, she’s now in heaven and I’m in the next best place – ok, maybe Australia isn’t quite that good, but it is a great place. Anyways, my tenth anniversary would be October 4th this year. I’m looking for somewhere to go during this time because it also happens to be a school holiday. I wish grief didn’t affect me anymore but that’s not the way grief works and I’m starting to deal with it all now again as the special date comes up. So I’ll put out the petition again. Please pray. God has always been faithful in the past and I know He will be again, but I could use a little help in this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manitoba

Anonymous said...

Larry - thank you for being open and honest when you need prayer support. You have been in my thoughts and prayers and I will continue to uphold you before the Father as that difficult date draws near. May you sense the warmth of your heavenly Father's embrace this day and in the days to come.

Anonymous said...

Larry, i am remembering you before our King during this time. gb