"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships, so will our healing..." WM Paul Young





"Only after one experiences the incredible pain of loss, can he appreciate the unbelievable joy of restoration"

Larry Reimer

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Freakiest Person

I thought it interesting that someone would call me the freakiest person they know (see comments on previous post). What a compliment !!! ;-) I’m sure the comment came with a big smile on your face!

So I went back over my last few entries and you may have a point.

Questioning Veggie Tales title
Sticking out a coloured tongue with some children for a picture
Taking a picture of my food at A&W
Taking a picture of my brother after a fall on the ski hill
…And my sister in law cleaning up a messy table…
Editing a picture to convince my brother I had bought a snowmobile
Showing off a dead Christmas tree
Telling an amusing story of the L.A. airport…

And that’s just part of my Christmas break

Just like I was the one who brought the Veggie Tales issue to light, someone out there has now brought to light my freakiness…the only problem is that no name was left with the comment so I can only guess your identity (hint, hint). I love your comment though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m not so sure you're a freaky person, Larry. This Veggie Tales thing could be a worthwhile investigation.

In a recent conversation I had with a registered nutritionist, I was informed that while there are suggested portion sizes/limits for most food categories, the fruits & veggies category no longer has limited portion sizes due to the fact that there is a widespread deficiency of these types of foods in our diet.

My theory is that people have been watching Veggie Tales and have begun to put foods in the wrong categories, so that they think they’re eating their veggies when in reality they are filling up on grains and fruit and other unhealthy foods. So they are unknowingly depriving their bodies of important vitamins found only in vegetables.

Have you been able to contact BigIdea about your concerns? It could be that they are playing into the hands of some big vitamin company that’s got some grand scheme going – you know, get you to think you’re eating your veggies, and then when the doctor tells you you’re low on iron or something they encourage you to supplement your diet with vitamins and the vitamin company makes millions…

Who knows who’s behind all this? I think it’s worth a full investigation. ;)

(You do know I’m just joking, right? But creative way for getting more feedback on your blog.)

Oh, and about those other strange things you've done on your blog...like Mom said to me when I got all excited about our blizzard, "Yep, you're still kid." Nothing wrong with that, is there?

BR

Karen said...

Larry, I keep checking back for updates on your blog, and it's been a while since you've left any. I heard that it's been really cold in Manitoba... so i'm wondering if your computer has been freezing up too?

Anonymous said...

By the way, it was a really big smile on my face when I called you freaky. I just knew only you could come up with something this 'creative' for blog dialogue. Whomever left this comment about investigating Big Idea is possibly onto something. I think it would be worthwhile to get a government grant to do a five year study on these issues mentioned. I am not offering my time or services to take up this cause however. I know the difference and will gladly see what y'all come up with. TTYL, S

Ryan Tompkins said...

hey buddy. we've been talking it over and we're not really sure that we want to live with a freak, so...

just kidding. we appreciate you and your "freakyness".

can't wait to hang out with you at the beach... your first mini trip once your back needs to be to palm beach. i'm not sure your stop in hawaii will be quite enough to completely thaw you out, so we'll have to finish the job here at the beach. i guess you could be sucking back some tim horton's though, but even that might not be enough???

ryan